BAY AREA STRUCTURAL, INC . is a General Engineering and General Building Contractor working within northern California. We are equipped to take on a wide range of project types. We also have a LEED-certified engineer on staff and welcome the opportunity to take on green and sustainable projects.
Our services include three areas:
structural design / earthquake retrofit
- Earthquake retrofit design and plans :basic crawlspace retrofit design( anchor bolts, shear wall, foundation retrofit etc) to soft story reinforcement ( moment frames,cantilevered columns etc)
- New building structural design and plans: design and supporting calculations for foundation, framing, interior finishes, roofing, insulation , deck etc
- Remodel design and plans
- Civil projects: drainage/ grading/ slope retentiondesign and plans
- New building design and plans
- Remodel design and plans for existing structures.
We start all of our projects with an initial site and structural inspection, and thereafter provide a preliminary proposal with cost estimate ranges for approval and then proceed to final contract. Our construction crew is highly skilled, efficient and punctual. Each project has a Project Engineer who inspects the progress of the work, provides quality control and updates the client on a daily basis. Quality control and construction safety measures are fundamental characteristics of every project we take on .For information on how to contact us for initial inspection, please visit our contact section.
- Foundation upgrades
- Drainage systems, sumps, pumps, levee upgrades
- Soft story reinforcement. Moment Frame and Cantilever Columns.
- Concrete piers, slabs, foundations, patios, sidewalks, curbs
- Steel frame structural bracing of building and garage openings
- Building framing
- Re - leveling
- Water proofing
- Hillside retaining walls
- Erosion control
- Creek bank restoration
Few of our past clients include:
UC Berkeley, Students Cooperative housing:Seismic Reinforcing.
Golden Gate Bridge Highway and Transportation District, inspection facility Larkspur Ferry.
Army Corps of Engineers, Cache Creek levee repair
US Navy, HAZMAT disposal Camp Pendleton, San Diego. Heavy Equipment maintenance Facility.
US Navy, storm drain repair & maintenance, excavation, HAZMAT removal and repair, Alameda
Veterans Administration, installation of new radio telemetry irrigation systems, drainage system upgrade, new paving, at the National Cemetery,San Bruno, California.
US Air Force, installation of two miles of photo op cable beneath the military base's satellite tracking facility, Pleasanton
Creek bank restoration, San Mateo
Private residences and commercial properties throughout the San Francisco Bay Area